Welcome to New Whiteland!
The Town of New Whiteland was incorporated in July 1954. The re-routing of US 31 distinguished New Whiteland as one of two communities located on the new highway between Indianapolis and Seymour. New Whiteland had promises of being an area with business advantages. It was faith in these possibilities that led Marley Williams and other Whiteland businessmen to build and expand for the future. Thus the new community growth became known as New Whiteland. The first meeting of the board of trustees of the Town of New Whiteland, Indiana, was held at 101 Westbrook Drive on August 4, 1954.
Content courtesy of http://newwhiteland.in.gov/history/